Clinical Director | James has a background in mental health nursing where he has spent 13 years working with adults and adolescents in acute settings. Currently he works in private practice, working closely with CAMHS, GPs, HSE and TUSLA.
Psychotherapy | James is a qualified and accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT). Trainer and Supervisor. He is an Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) Consultant In Training (CIT). He works with adults, adolescents and children. James has extensive experience working children, adolescents and adults who have a range of mental health difficulties.
Involvement in Universities | James has a passion in teaching and education. He is involved in delivering education in several universities. His current roles involve:
- Honorary Teaching Associate with the Royal College of Surgeons (RCSI).
- Occasional lecturer in CBT for children and adolescents at University College Dublin (UCD),
- Clinical Supervisor for CBT students in Trinity College Dublin (TCD).
Awards | James was awarded a Fellowship Award by the Royal College of Surgeons (RCSI),
“The Fellowship of the Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery in RCSI is awarded to candidates in recognition of outstanding work and exceptional leadership in their profession. One of the most prestigious professional qualifications to be awarded to nurses and midwives”.
National Registration Body | James was been actively involved in CBT and EMDR at National Registration Bodies. He was a Branch Secretary of CBPI (Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy Ireland). He was Board Member of EMDR All-Ireland Association (Ireland EMDR Registration Body), where he was the Child and Adolescent EMDR Representative.
Qualifications & Accreditations
- Fellowship Award (RCSI)
- MSc in Advanced Nursing
- PG Dip in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- PG Cert in Enhanced CBT Supervision and Training
- PG Cert in Education (Nurse Tutor)
- BSc in Mental Health Nursing