Award winning Dublin based psychotheropy service that provides CBT and EMDR for children adolescents and adults.
James was awarded a Fellowship Award by the Royal College of Surgeons (RCSI).
“The Fellowship of the Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery in RCSI is awarded to candidates in recognition of outstanding work and exceptional leadership in their profession. One of the most prestigious professional qualifications to be awarded to nurses and midwives”
– Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT), Trainer and Supervisor (BABCP & ICP)
– Accredited EMDR Europe Consultant
– Honorary Teaching Associate with the Royal College of Surgeons (RCSI).
– Occasional lecturer in CBT for children and adolescents at University College Dublin (UCD)
–Mental Health Lecturer
Clinical Director | James has a background in mental health nursing where he has spent 13 years working with adults and adolescents in acute settings. Currently he works in private practice, working closely with CAMHS, GPs, HSE and TUSLA.
Psychotherapy | James is a qualified and accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT). Trainer and Supervisor. He is an EMDR Europe Consultant. He works with adults, adolescents and children. James has extensive experience working children, adolescents and adults who have a range of mental health difficulties.
Awards | James was awarded a Fellowship Award by the Royal College of Surgeons (RCSI),
“The Fellowship of the Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery in RCSI is awarded to candidates in recognition of outstanding work and exceptional leadership in their profession. One of the most prestigious professional qualifications to be awarded to nurses and midwives”.
National Registration Body | James was been actively involved in CBT and EMDR at National Registration Bodies. He was a Branch Secretary of CBPI (Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy Ireland). He is a committee member with EMDR All-Ireland Association (Ireland)
Qualifications & Accreditations
- EMDR Europe Consultant
- Fellowship Award (RCSI)
- MSc in Advanced Nursing
- PG Dip in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- PG Cert in Enhanced CBT Supervision and Training
- PG Cert in Education (Nurse Tutor)
- BSc in Mental Health Nursing
- BABCP, CBPI and ICP
1. “I would highly recommend James as a psychotherapist. He helped us immensely to cope and manage with my daughter’s OCD and anxiety. We worked with James to understand the diagnosis, and our sessions provided us with the tools needed to be able to offer support to our daughter, and in turn overcome the problems which led to her OCD. James challenged her and encouraged her to overcome her fears, and with his help she was able to come out the other side. We are forever grateful for his help, and we both count James as the starting point in her recovery”.
2. “Having an independent, professional psychotherapist like James to speak to, in a non-judgmental way, helped me to look at why I react / behave the way I did. James helped me to recognise, understand and manage triggers. Am now able to cope with issues and see a way of living with things I can’t change and changing things I can change. I finally feel lighter, carefree and happy. Wish I had have met him years ago”
3. I have had just 2 sessions so far with James doing EMDR therapy and I have found it has made good change in me so far because I would have alot to get through because of my past but I have noticed a bit of change within me in the short space of time. It’s my first time doing this type of Therapy. James is very good at what he does and is so attentive and on the ball with the Therapy, very professional :) I look forward to having more sessions in the near future as I know they are going to
really help me
Capital Psychotherapy is an innovative service which does not operate on a waiting list system. Simply fill out the book an appointment section and we will get back to you with access to our online book in system. We accept self referrals, GP referrals, HSE, TULSA, Health Service
Please contact us below if you would like more information or you would like to book an appointment.
Session fee is 110 Euro.
Our receipt’s are accepted by many Health Insurance Providers who in most cases will reimburse a proportion of the cost/sessions.
(Please consult with your insurance provider for more details).
Existing clients please book in below. Sessions are face to face and zoom links are automatically generated also for clients who are abroad or unable to travel.
Address: Park House, Dublin Street, Baldoyle, Dublin 13
Phone: 085 7243835